Are you a student who has made a meaningful difference in our community as a leader, innovator, or volunteer?
Can you demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and a commitment to the Slovenian-Canadian community? If so, be sure to apply for a Moya Financial Scholarship. It’s a great opportunity to launch your post-secondary journey.
We would like to hear from resourceful students who are committed to making a difference in our community. Each year, Moya Financial presents scholarships worth $1,250 to up to four deserving first-year university or college students. The annual application deadline is July 31; students under age 25 may apply. Applications can be downloaded from the link below.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
The Moya Financial Scholarship is open to any secondary student who:
- Is an Ontario resident
- Is an active member of Moya Financial in good standing*
- Is planning to enter their first-year academic term in the fall at a recognized, publicly funded Canadian college or university
- Has achieved a minimum 80 percent academic average
- Has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to our Slovenian community via volunteerism, leadership, or an innovative community project.
*A member in good standing holds an active account in their name which is not delinquent, and holds full $50 membership shares.
HOW DO WE CHOOSE?
We judge applications based on these weighted criteria:
- Community work (25 percent)
- Leadership (20 percent)
- School marks (15 percent)
- Writing skills (10 percent)
- School activities (10 percent)
- Volunteer work (10 percent)
- Other awards received (5 percent)
- Career goals (5 percent)
Please be sure to include the above criteria in your 750-word statement, along with your career aspirations and goals, academic achievements, extra-curricular high school activities, and involvement in the Slovenian community.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Assemble these documents:
- Completed application form
- 750-word statement
- Most recent official transcript
- Signed recommendation letter from a community group
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance
Your information is safe with us. Submit your fully completed application before the annual July 31 deadline. Applications can be sent by mail or dropped off at any Moya Financial branch.
If mailing, send to:
Moya Financial Scholarship Selection Committee
Moya Financial Credit Union Ltd.
747 Brown’s Line
Toronto, ON M8W 3V7