Effective date: March 8, 2019
Moya Financial Credit Union Limited operates the https://www.moyafinancial.ca/ website (herein referred to as “the website”).
This page informs you of Moya Financial’s policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the website and the choices you have associated with that data collection.
- The website. The website is the https://www.moyafinancial.ca/ website operated by Moya Financial Credit Union.
- Personal data. Personal data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information either in Moya Financial’s possession or likely to come into its possession).
- Usage data. Usage data is data collected automatically and is either generated by using the website or by the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device) that may include an anonymous unique identifier.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Moya Financial collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve its service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While you are using the website, Moya Financial may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (personal data). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to,
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Street address, province, postal code, city
- Cookies and usage data
Moya Financial may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, or other information that may interest you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from Moya Financial by following the “unsubscribe” link or the instructions provided in any email Moya Financial sends you.
Moya Financial may collect information on how the website is accessed and used (usage data). This usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, or other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser by websites and are stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used, such as beacons, tags, and scripts, to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the website.
Examples of Cookies Moya Financial uses:
- Session cookies, to operate the website;
- Preference cookies, to remember your preferences and various settings; and
- Security cookies, for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
Moya Financial Credit Union uses the data it collects for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the website;
- To notify you about changes to the website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the website when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather and analyze valuable information so that Moya Financial can improve the website;
- To monitor the use of the website;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical problems; and
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that Moya Financial offers that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to Moya Financial, please note that Moya Financial transfers the data, including personal data, to Canada and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Moya Financial Credit Union may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or government agency).
Moya Financial Credit Union may disclose your personal data in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Moya Financial Credit Union;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to Moya Financial but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While Moya Financial strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee your data’s absolute security.
Moya Financial may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate the website service (“service providers”), provide the service on Moya Financial’s behalf, perform website-related services, or assist Moya Financial in analyzing how the website is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on Moya Financial’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Moya Financial may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of the website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Moya Financial has no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Last revision: March 8, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of or reliance on this website maintained by Moya Financial Credit Union Limited (“the website”).
Your access or use of the website indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable laws, statutes, and/or regulations. Moya Financial may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, effective upon posting them to the website. Your continued use of the website will be considered your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
All intellectual property on the website (except for user-generated content, as defined below) is owned by Moya Financial or its licensors, including materials protected by copyright, trademark, or patent laws. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are owned, registered, and/or licensed by Moya Financial. All content on the website (except for user-generated content), including, but not limited to, text, software, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features, and all other content, is a collective work under Canadian and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of Moya Financial Credit Union. All rights are reserved.
USE OF COMPANY MATERIALS
Moya Financial may provide you with certain information as a result of your use of the website, including, but not limited to, documentation, data, or information developed by Moya Financial, and other materials that may assist in the use of the website or services (“company materials”). Company materials may not be used for any purpose other than the use of this website and the services offered on the website. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions may be interpreted as granting any licence of intellectual property rights to you.
“User-generated content” is communications, materials, information, data, opinions, photos, profiles, messages, notes, website links, text, music, videos, designs, graphics, sounds, and any other content that you and/or other website users post or otherwise make available on or through the website, except to the extent that the content is owned by Moya Financial.
ACCOUNT AND ACCOUNT USE
If your use of the website requires an account identifying you as a user of the website, you
- Are solely responsible for your account and the maintenance, confidentiality, and security of your account and all passwords related to your account, and for any and all activities that occur under your account, including all activities of any persons who gain access to your account with or without your permission;
- Agree to immediately notify Moya Financial of any unauthorized use of your account or any password related to your account, any unauthorized service provided through your account, or any other breach of security with respect to your account or any service provided through it, and you agree to provide assistance to Moya Financial, as requested, to stop or remedy any breach of security related to your account; and
- Agree to provide true, current, accurate, and complete member information as requested by Moya Financial from time to time, and you agree to promptly notify Moya Financial of any changes to this information as required to keep such information held by Moya Financial current, complete, and accurate.
You agree not to use the website for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the website in any way that could damage the website, the services, or the general business of Moya Financial.
You further agree not to use and/or access the website
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of Moya Financial or any third party;
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- To perpetrate any fraud;
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination toward any group; or
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
Through your use of the website, you may provide Moya Financial with certain information. By using the website, you authorize Moya Financial to use your information in Canada and any other country where Moya Financial may operate.
When you register for an account, you provide Moya Financial with a valid email address and may provide it with additional information, such as your name and/or contact information. Depending on how you use the website, Moya Financial may also receive information from external applications you use to access the website. Moya Financial may also receive information through various web technologies, such as cookies, log files, clear gifs, web beacons, or others.
Moya Financial uses the information gathered from you to ensure your continued good experience on the website, including through email communication. Moya Financial may also track certain of the passive information received to improve its marketing and analytics, and for this, Moya Financial may work with third-party providers.
If you would like to disable Moya Financial’s access to any passive information it receives from the use of various technologies, you may choose to disable cookies in your web browser. Please be aware that Moya Financial will still receive information about you that you have provided, such as your email address.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The website is provided for communication purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that any information posted on the website is not intended to be legal advice or financial advice, and no fiduciary relationship has been created between you and Moya Financial. You further agree that your purchase of any products described or offered on the website is at your own risk. Moya Financial does not assume responsibility or liability for any advice or other information given on the website.
REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY
You may not undertake any of the following actions:
- Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer, or disassemble any code or software from or on the website; or
- Violate the security of the website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining, or interference with any host, user, or network.
Moya Financial is not responsible for the security of your account or user-generated content. Your use of the website is at your own risk.
You defend and indemnify Moya Financial and any of its affiliates and hold them harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable legal fees, which may arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the website, your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your conduct or actions. Moya Financial will select its own legal counsel and may participate in its own defence, if it so wishes.
You are strictly prohibited from using the website or any of Moya Financial’s services for illegal spam activities, including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Moya Financial may occasionally post links to third-party websites or other services. Moya Financial is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of your use of any third-party services linked to or from the website.
To the extent that any part or sub-part of these Terms and Conditions is held ineffective or invalid by any court of law, the prior, effective version of these Terms and Conditions will be considered enforceable and valid to the fullest extent.
Moya Financial may need to interrupt your access to the website to perform scheduled or unscheduled maintenance or emergency services. You agree that your access to the website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that Moya Financial will have no liability for any damage or loss caused by such downtime.
TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
Moya Financial may, in its sole discretion, suspend, restrict, or terminate your account and your use of the website, effective at any time, without notice to you, for any reason, including because
- The operation or efficiency of the website or Moya Financial’s or any third party’s equipment or network is impaired by your use of the website;
- Any amount is past due from you to Moya Financial;
- Moya Financial has received a third-party complaint that relates to your use or misuse of the website; or
- You have been or are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions.
Moya Financial will have no responsibility to notify any third party, including any third-party providers of services, merchandise, or information, of any suspension, restriction, or termination of your access to the website.
Your use of the website is at your sole and exclusive risk and any services provided by Moya Financial are on an “as is” basis. Moya Financial disclaims any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to, the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. Moya Financial makes no warranties that the website will meet your needs or that the website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. Moya Financial also makes no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the website or obtained through the services offered on the website. Any damage that may occur to you through your computer system or as a result of loss of your data from your use of the website is your sole responsibility. Moya Financial is not liable for any such damage or loss.
Internet communications are subject to interception, loss, or alteration and, as a consequence, you acknowledge that information or data you provide by electronic means by accessing or using this website is not confidential or exclusive, except to the extent required by applicable laws, and that communications by email may be intercepted, lost, or altered.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
Moya Financial is not liable for any damages that may occur to you as a result of your use of the website, to the fullest extent permitted by law.