Helping our members through challenging times
How we're doing our part.
During these challenging times, we’re committed to maintaining a high level of banking access and support, providing expert advice and protecting our team and you.
The health and well-being of our members, staff, and their families are important to us. We believe it is our responsibility to assist in “flattening the curve” concerning the transmission of this virus. We will continue to use all precautions possible to prevent the spread of germs as outlined by the World Health Organization and government agencies.
UPDATE: Effective January 18, 2021, all in-branch services will be appointment only and limited to essential transactions. All other transactions must be completed remotely either over the phone, using an ATM, online banking, or mobile banking.
For now, we will continue servicing our members in-branch by appointment only Monday to Friday from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Our staff can assist you with most of the services remotely Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- If you require assistance with day-to-day banking, products, or services, please call 416-255-1742 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require assistance with term deposits or mutual funds, please call 416-255-1742 ext. 208 or send an email to email@example.com.
- If you require assistance on loans or mortgages, please call 416-252-6527 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View our Frequently Asked Questions below.
So as to best respond to your inquiries, in your voice messages and/or emails please include the best number and email to reach you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Moya Financial doing about COVID-19 to help keep employees and members safe?
We are monitoring the situation closely and following guidelines from government and public health authorities. Currently, we are taking extra precautions such as:
- Adding cleaning staff during and outside office hours for the disinfection of common areas.
- Increasing the cleaning of all door handles, buttons, common area surfaces, teller terminals, etc.
- Providing hand sanitizers and asking members and staff to use it before they enter and after they leave.
- Before performing each service/transaction, all tellers are required to sanitize their hands, pens, and teller terminals.
- We have reduced branch hours until further notice. Click here to review our most up-to-date branch hours.
To protect yourself and our staff, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell or who is returning from, or who has had close contact with a family or household member, who has returned from international travel, refrain from visiting the branch.
Will the COVID-19 outbreak have an impact on branch hours?
Financial services are an essential service and Moya Financial will do what it needs to do in order to keep our services available to you. As more members self-isolate, we anticipate reductions with in-branch traffic, therefore we may reduce staffing accordingly. This may mean increased wait times for service if you attend the branch. We will also be asking members to respect social distancing recommendations within the branch.
As we continue to adjust to the fast moving COVID-19 crisis, members will also see changes in branch hours. Branch hours will be posted at the branch. You can also check our web site and social media for any developments. We also encourage you to subscribe to our email list if you have not already.
Some of the recent changes include:
- Revised opening hours at the Brown’s Line and Hamilton branches.
- Brown’s Line branch will be closed on Saturdays going forward.
- Hamilton branch will be closed on Thursdays & Saturdays going forward.
- Suspending in-house services to Dom Lipa.
- Suspending monthly visits to our Manning Office.
Will I be able to reach you while the branch is closed?
Yes! We are committed to being here for you. Our staff can assist you with most of our services:
- If you require assistance on products and services or investments, please call 416-255-1742 or send an email to email@example.com.
- If you require assistance on loans or mortgages, please call 416-252-6527 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So as to best respond to your inquiries, in your voice messages and/or emails please include the best numbers and email to reach you.
While you may experience slower than usual response times due to a higher volume of calls, be rest assured that we are committed to providing you with the best service we can as we help our members navigate this unusual time.
I'm concerned about scams and frauds related to COVID-19 and in general during this crisis. What can I do to protect myself?
During this time of heightened concern, it is important to be especially vigilant against those seeking to commit fraud. As COVID-19 continues to spread globally, watch out for associated scams. Fraudsters want to profit from member’s fears, uncertainties and misinformation. Fraudsters are exploiting the crisis to facilitate fraud and cyber crime. There are a lot of resources about protecting yourself on the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website.
We are here to protect you: Moya Financial will never send you unsolicited emails or phone calls asking for confidential information, such as your password, PIN, access code, credit card, etc. Please reach out and contact us directly if you have any concerns or questions.
I do not want to come in-branch because I am social distancing. What options do I have?
Moya Financial has several great telephone and digital options available to help meet your financial needs:
- Online banking offers many of the same services that you can access by coming into the branch, including paying your bills and making loan payments.
- The Moya Mobile app works on most mobile devices, offering the most sought-after features of online banking, whenever and wherever it suits you.
- Member Services Representatives are available to assist you with your banking needs by phone at 416-255-1742 or emailing email@example.com.
- Interac e-Transfer is a quick and secure method to transfer funds. All you need is your recipient’s email address or mobile phone number to send money in just a few quick and easy steps.
Can I still deposit a cheque or cash when the branch is closed, or I don’t want to come to the branch?
Yes! We offer several options to make deposits convenient for you.
1. ATM deposit (cheque or cash).
Moya Financial is part of a network of surcharge-free ATMs across Canada. You can visit an EXCHANGE ATM and complete a deposit, withdrawal, PIN change, balance inquiry, or transfer surcharge-free. However, be sure to use the ATM locator online for the closest location and check the ATM features – make sure to look for the “deposit” icon on the ATM you select.
2. Use the Moya Mobile App to quickly and securely deposit cheques with your smartphone or tablet.
Learn how to deposit a cheque right from your mobile phone or tablet here. To utilize mobile banking, you must be signed up for online banking before downloading the app. Please give us a call if you need to set up an online account.
When you complete the deposit via the mobile app, the process is the same as a cheque deposit at an ATM or in the branch. The amount of your deposit will be reflected in your account immediately. However, the availability of funds is subject to our Cheque Hold Policy. The funds will be held for four business days. If for some reason you need access to the funds you deposited sooner please give us a call at 416-255-1742 and we can discuss your situation and in some situations help you access your funds before the four day hold period is up. Note that there is a $5,000 limit on the amount you can deposit using the Moya Mobile App. If you exceed this limit, please give us a call.
3. Deposit your cash or a cheque deposit in our secure dropbox at the main branch.
There is a dropbox slot located on the left side by the front door of our Main Branch located at 747 Brown’s Line. Our secure dropbox is checked every morning, Monday to Friday, and the deposits are completed before our branch opens according to our adjusted hours. If you would like us to contact you to confirm the deposit has been done, please leave a note attached to your deposit and the best way for us to contact you. Otherwise, you may check your accounts online or through our mobile app for confirmation.
How do I find my transit, institution, and account number?
This information will help you with setting up direct deposits and automatic payments. You may find this information on one of your Moya cheques.
- Transit: 14332
- Institution: 828
- Account: Your account number is the digits that follow the institution number on your cheque. For example, if your account is 1234, it may look something like 0001234 012.
If you require assistance, please contact our branch at 416-255-1742.
Can I still book an appointment with Moya Financial?
Yes, via telephone. Our employees are being encouraged to proactively reach out to members who have booked appointments and have a conversation with them. In order to promote social distancing, we hope that the vast majority of these conversations can bring about solutions for our members and the face-to-face meetings can be held off until the timing is more favourable.
I am worried about paying my mortgage payments if I have to miss time at work due to COVID-19. What should I do?
We understand this can be a trying time. Each members’ situation is unique, and we will work together to find a solution. Please call us at 416-252-6527 for assistance during our business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our credit specialists will be happy to assist with any questions you may have. Together, we can help you manage potential impacts.
I am worried that my money is at risk.
You can feel assured that deposits are secure at Moya Financial. Insurable deposits in registered accounts, such as RRSP, RRIF, RESP, and TFSA, have unlimited coverage. Insurable non-registered Canadian dollar deposits are covered up to $250,000. For further information on deposit insurance, visit FSRA’s website.
I am concerned about my investments given some of the news reports relating to the COVID-19 impacts on the markets. Should I be worried?
We hear you. There is a lot of information out there, but it’s important to be able to determine what matters to you. It’s also important to note that markets tend to fluctuate constantly, so it’s imperative to maintain a long-term view even during what is a stressful time.
Call our financial specialists at 416-255-1742 and they will be happy to address all your concerns and discuss your options. They can walk you through any potential impacts this pandemic could have — or not have — on your investment portfolio.
Should I take out large amounts of cash to be better prepared for COVID-19?
While it has been a general practice for people to make sure they have the essentials on hand just in case of an extended stay at home, we are not recommending heading to the branch or ATM and withdrawing large sums of money.
We have a number of safe payment alternatives, such as debit or credit cards, Interact e-Transfers and online banking.
What should I do about paying with cash?
Some merchants are asking their customers to refrain from using cash as it causes them operational concerns and could be a point of contamination. Please practice safe distancing and increased personal hygiene. You may want to consider cashless options, such as Interac e-Transfer.
Can I use my Moya Financial card to “tap” when I pay at retail or elsewhere?
Not at this time. We were already working on a project to enable that capability, and if all goes well you can expect that to be available later this summer.
What is Moya Financial’s plan going forward during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We are closely monitoring the situation as it unfolds and will take action based on the recommendations of our federal, provincial and municipal governments.
For updates, please return to this page and follow us on our social media channels.
You can also subscribe to our email updates.