The Financial Planner (FP) understands members banking needs and provides the appropriate financial solutions. This person is responsible for increasing and retaining market share through the acquisition of money in assets. Through ongoing relationship management, the FP offers sound advice with a focus on Retirement and Investment Planning by assisting members in identifying goals, potential barriers and recommending appropriate solutions to create a legendary member experience. This role will contribute to the growth of the business by developing and deepening the new and existing member relationships and will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific, individual and team-based business goals. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will actively demonstrate lobby leadership in the member lounge, and public areas with the goal to create a positive “First Impression” by greeting and engaging them in a range of sales, service and informational conversations
- You will provide sound advice at every member interaction to create a positive member experience
- You will ensure member problems are handled appropriately, advancing an issue when necessary
- You will ensure the member area and offices are professional and inviting in appearance
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Engage in and complete all internal training requirements for your role
- Actively participate in regular meetings and staff sessions
- Actively participate in the performance management process
- Meet professional/personal development objectives as required
- Engage members in conversation to understand and meet their current and future financial needs by actively providing them with advice and appropriate products and services
- Contribute to the achievement of branch business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual sales goals
- Identify and refer members to team members and internal Credit Union partners as appropriate
Internal Practices and Processes
- Contribute to the branch objective for Operational Excellence by adhering to internal and external policies and procedures and Audit guidelines including non-credit losses
- Understand and apply branch/Credit Union operating policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Credit Union codes of conduct including but not limited to Member Privacy and security laws and regulations
- Ensure necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all member transactions
- Licensed to sell Mutual Funds including 3+years industry experience
- Licensed with IIROC as a Registered Representative, OR if not currently licensed; Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) within the last 3 years prior to commencing the FP role.
- Certified Financial Planner designation within the first 24 months in the role.
- Professional team player with excellent relationship management skills, both internally and externally.
- A university degree or college diploma;
- Financial industry experience is considered an asset
- Ability to speak Slovenian considered an asset.
- Confident, self-starter, proactive – skilled in taking initiative, assessing requirements, developing strategies, formulating tactics, execution of plan, and measurement and evaluation of results;
- A high level of energy with a results-driven attitude;
- Adept at problem analysis and problem resolution, at both a strategic and functional level.
- Demonstrates a high degree of adaptability, able to organize effectively and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to connect with different functional areas, partner groups, member groups and industry peers.
Application and Selection Procedure
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing, and should include an updated copy of resume. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Moya Financial is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.